Luminair v3.5 was released today and is now available on the App Store. This release adds native support for Color Temperature and HSI for DMX parameters, as well as new Fire, Water, and Television FX useful for simulating these looks in film/video production and other scenarios. Also included are new fixture profiles for lights built for film/video production.
Native Color Temperature and HSI Support
– Adds a new DMX Color Temperature control and channel types for 1 or 2-channel CCT parameters
– Adds native support for HSI color and new channel types for Color faders
Color FX Features
– Adds new Fire, Water, and Television effects, useful for simulating these looks in film/video production and other scenarios
– Tap Tempo now supports up to 300 BPM
– Adds new profiles for LiteGear series lights
– Adds new profiles for Kino Flo Select LED, Diva-Lite LED and Celeb LED
– Adds new profile for Cineo Lighting Quantum c80 fixture
– ARRI and Digital Sputnik profiles now support for the new CCT and HSI channel types
– Other fixes and improvements
Luminair 3 received a positive overview in March’s Technical Focus article in Lighting & Sound America magazine. Richard Cadena used Luminair with ELC’s Buddy DMX interface, and in the article he covers some of the new features and revamped user interface in version 3.
“One of the main reasons I like this controller is because it’s mobile app that can be used wirelessly, which affords a lot of freedom of movement.” – Richard Cadena, LSi Magazine
Luminair 3 received a positive overview in the latest Technical Focus article in Lighting and Sound International magazine.
You can read the article on page 70 of the February issue.
Luminair v3.4.1 is now available on the App Store. This release adds support for iOS 10, new ARRI SkyPanel profiles, and a new 2-finger gesture to instantly bump scenes on a temporary basis.
New in v3.4.1:
– Built for iOS 10
– Luminair Remote for Apple Watch updated for newest version of watchOS
– Added a new two-finger tap/hold gesture on scene buttons to “instantly” bump levels on a temporary basis
– Added new fixture profiles for ARRI SkyPanel v2 firmware
– Fixed an issue with tap/hold contextual menu not showing some items when iOS Accessibility “Speak Selection” is enabled
– Fixed a memory leak when using the fixture linking feature
– Various other bug fixes and improvements
PSA: User experience is important to us. If you ever encounter any problems or issues, please get in touch with email@example.com so we can help.
If you enjoy using Luminair, please let others know by leaving a nice review on the App Store, so that others may more easily find and discover the app. It really helps! Thank you!
Today we’ve released Luminair v3.4, an update we’re referring to as the Installation edition because it adds support for two additional wired-ethernet products that can also simultaneously power iOS devices. This is going to make it easier than ever to integrate Luminair in more permanent installations such as architectural lighting, as well as a more robust solution for those who are using Luminair as a lighting console replacement.
Luminair already offers advanced scheduling capabilities, and also supports the most common control protocols (Art-Net, sACN, KiNET, etc.), but up until this day there hasn’t been a great way to integrate the app as the main control system for permanent installations due to it’s reliance on Wi-Fi communications when the iOS device is connected to power.
The good news is that there are two new products available for iOS devices which make it possible to both power the device continuously as well as provide a direct ethernet connection. (more…)
Luminair v3.3 has been released today and includes some great new feature additions that promise to make the designing experience better than ever. To celebrate this new release, Luminair In-App Purchase extras are also now on sale for 50% off through March 31, 2016!
First and foremost among the new features in v3.3 is Fixture Linking, which allows you to more easily link and control multiple identical fixtures together. Not only can you control identical fixtures in unison, but you can also choose which specific parameters to link. All of these options are saved on a scene by scene basis, so you can effectively manage both individual and linked fixture options without any compromises to the functionality you’ve grown accustomed to. (more…)
November is here, and so is Luminair 3.1 for iPad Pro!
We’ve been hard at work optimizing Luminair to take advantage of the larger screen real estate, by adding features like iOS 9 multitasking and improving general app scaling. This means that you now have more faders and buttons at your immediate disposal on iPad Pro, for a more comfortable experience.
You also now have ability to run the app side by side with other iOS apps on all supported iPad models, so you can do things like reference design notes and so much more without ever leaving Luminair.